I’m on a mission to Take 12 Trips in 2014 – with at least one trip every month, whether that’s a day out, weekend away or international trip. The start of the year included UK city breaks to Manchester, Newcastle, Liverpool and London, as well as sunshine, tagines and mint tea on a Moroccan mini-honeymoon in March. Next I ticked a trip off the wish-list by visiting Bergen and the beautiful Norwegian fjords before learning to cook Sicilian style on a quick jaunt to Catania. Summer was all about the journeys, with my first cruise around the Eastern Mediterranean in June and a European rail trip to celebrate my birthday in July.
Next up: After a month of local travel I’m back on the road in September for a week in Northumberland followed my first trip to Canada, exploring Quebec. Then in the pipeline for the rest of the year are a return trip to one of my favourite parts of Italy, a weekend in a new European city – and who knows what else!
My top-five travel wishlist
- Mayan temples and stunning beaches along the coast of Southern Mexico and Belize.
- Road and rail trip across Canada, visiting the Rockies, Vancouver and National Parks.
- Wildlife spotting on safari in Africa
- Wine tasting my way around Chile and Argentina
- Exploring the wild Scottish Highlands.